Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a dress code?
- Which enclosure should I choose?
- What are the admission charges?
- Can I book tickets?
- Are there facilities for people with disabilities?
- Where can I get food and drink?
- Can I bring a picnic?
- Is smoking permitted in racecourse buildings?
- Do you offer discounts to groups?
- Are there any all inclusive packages?
- Can I bring a coach and are coach drivers admitted free of charge?
- Is Hexham Racecourse suitable for children and families?
- Can I bring my dog to the racecourse?
- Do I have to pay for parking?
- Can I transfer between enclosures?
- Is there a cash machine at the racecourse?
- Does the weather affect whether the meeting goes ahead?
- Where can I obtain more information on race days?
- How do I get to the racecourse?
- Is there a bus service from Hexham railway and bus stations?
- How do I become an annual badge holder?
- Are the racecourse facilities open for special events and functions on non race days?
- Can I order a brochure for non-raceday functions?
- Where should we stay?
- How do I bet?
- What is your abandonment and refund policy?
- What time should I arrive on race days?
- Can I use a mobile phone?
- Can I take photographs?
- Can I work at the racecourse (i.e. selling racecards)?
- Is there a racehorse form guide available at the racecourse?
- Can you offer any advice regarding setting up equine related websites i.e. for trainers, owners, studs, individuals and companies?
- Can you tell me anything about the history of Hexham Racecourse?
- Details of the Special Conditions E – on–Course Bookmakers & Staff
- Charity Requests
- Is there a layout plan of the racecourse?
Smart/Casual. Smart jeans and smart short are permitted but no football shirts. It's advisable not to wear stiletto heels particularly on the grass banked areas in front of the stands.
The Paddock or Club enclosure both offer excellent facilities. Due to the location of the racecourse and the far side ground being higher than that close to the stands you can have an very good vantage view of virtually the whole course. Both enclosures allow you to get near to the rails to view the racehorses pass close-up.
Please see our tickets page for the entry prices and details of discounts which are available. Students are admitted at Seniors turnstile at seniors prices on production of their student union card.
To find out how to book tickets in advance you can find more information on our tickets page. Also if you are interested in purchasing an annual badge with associated benefits please visit the membership page.
Hexham Racecourse has free disabled parking and there is a lift in the main Ramshaw Stand.
There is a viewing area for wheelchair users. This is located next to the Parade Ring and overlooking the racecourse.
Disabled toilets can be found on the first floor of the Ramshaw Stand, the toilet block at the top of the Parade Ring and the toilet block at the back of the Princess Anne Bar.
Disabled parking and the viewing area for wheelchair users are identified on the racecourse plan in locations 20 and 12 respectively.
The Pavilion restaurant offers excellent food but prior booking is advisable - please contact the racecourse office for more information. Snacks facilities and bars are available throughout the course.
Yes. However we now allow no alcohol to be brought in with picnics because of our contract with outside caterers who hold the licence.
Yes. The following discounts are available for groups purchasing Club or Paddock Enclosure tickets by close of business the day before a race meeting:
10-19 people: 10% discount
20+ people: 20% discount + 1 free ticket for the organiser (the free organiser ticket is sent out automatically with your order and does not need to be added to your shopping basket if purchasing online).
The discounts do not apply to senior visitors as tickets are already discounted or any of our restaurant and hospitality packages.
Yes. Hexham Racecourses offers Platinum, Silver and Gold packages. More details can be found on our hospitality page.
Yes. Please see the details above for concessions.
Yes. There is also entertainment laid on specially for children at most May and June meetings. Details are usually given closer the day of the meeting on the news page. Please contact the racecourse office if you'd like more information.
No, parking is free and there are marshals on hand to direct you.
No, but there are cashpoints on the main street through in Hexhan near the Eastgate turn off to the racecourse.
Yes. We will always try and inform you if the meeting is cancelled via the media and on the website.
You can find information here on the website, in the media and in the racecard or by telephoning the racecourse office 01434 606881.
Yes there is one (sometimes two) free courtesy bus which pick up from both stations operating on a first come first served basis. The pick up times, when confirmed, will be posted on the news page prior to each meeting.
There is information on our membership page along with additional benefits annual badge holders receive - for example free entry to many other race meetings in the North of England and to one of Durham County Cricket Club's matches.
Course facilities are available for weddings, conferences, meetings, functions, celebration lunches and dinners. For more information and bookings please contact our marketing manager.
Yes - please contact our marketing manager at the racecourse office.
There is a wide range of hotels and Bed and Breakfast establishments in and around Hexham. We have a selection on our Where to Stay page.
There is information in our racecard explaining how to bet, the different ways you can place a bet and (hopefully) how to collect your winnings.
No photography is allowed without explicit permission from the Managing Executive in advance and if granted you would be expected to sign to confirm that you have read BHA General Instructions No 5.2 and agree to comply. Click here to download or read a PDF copy of the BHA Instructions.
Contact racecourse Office for employment opportunities.
Hexham Racecourse receives a large number of requests from charities and for fundraising activities. Therefore, please ensure you meet the following criteria before submitting your request:
- Hexham Racecourse only donates to local causes within a 15-mile radius.
- All requests must be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Hexham Racecourse, Yarridge Road, Hexham, Northumberland, NE46 2JP.
Yes there is a form guide in the racecard for each race.
Can you offer any advice regarding setting up equine related websites i.e. for trainers, owners, studs, individuals and companies.
Yes. Our Royal Television Society Award winning web producer and multimedia consultant can offer impartial advice on creating a website, how to avoid the multitude of pitfalls, effective writing for the web, adding photographs, audio or video and maintaining a site. He can also offer similar impartial advice to anyone contemplating setting up a website. Find out more details here.
Yes. We have a page devoted to the history. You can find it here.
Download or view the Special Conditions as a PDF here.
Yes we have a map and layout plan of the racecourse with a key to all the facilities which can be viewed or downloaded here. It is also printed in the racecard.